Plume HomePass® allows users to setup up to 30 different passwords for single SSID WiFi network. This means that each member of the household can have their own separate credentials used only for their devices and still have plenty left over for individual guests. Other HomePass® features include Content Access control.
There are three separate access zones:
- Home (All access) - Give full home WiFi access only to people you implicitly trust. This will allow their devices to interact with all other connected devices in your home. The ﬁrst password created during the initial setup is in this zone.
- Guest (Limited Access) - Create custom passwords for each guest and then choose which connected devices from the Home zone (printers, TVs, security cameras or thermostats) they can access to make them feel instantly at home.
- Internet Only - Devices with Internet only WiFi passwords will only be connected to the Internet and not any of the connected devices in your home.
Using the Plume app any password can be disabled or deleted at any time by the administrator in the event it is compromised. Guest and Internet Only passwords can also be disabled on schedule, so they can no longer be used after your guests leave.
How do I create a new WiFi password?
- Tap the appropriate tab for the level of access you would like to create the new password for (Home, Guest, or Internet Only)
- Tap the button at the bottom of the screen and you will be prompted to enter the new password (iOS users will see "New Home/Guest/Internet Only Password; Android users will see a blue "+" button.)
Note: When creating a new Guest Password, you will also be prompted to enter a Guest Name
Note: Passwords must be 8-64 characters in length and for added security should include upper and lowercase letters, numbers and special characters.
Managing People, Passwords, and Devices
Passwords: You can easily share and password created using the share button (via (SMS, iMessage, email, airdrop, android beam, etc) The recipient will receive a time-limited link that opens a webpage containing the SSID and their password.
By tapping the three dots next to the share button you can also copy, edit, disable or delete any password.
People: You can create a profile for each person on your wireless network. Once the profile has been created, choose the device(s) from the list that you want to assign to that person. Save all changes by tapping the green checkmark.
Note: The device you select as the Primary Device will be the one to trigger Home/Away state notifications, depending on your settings.
Devices: Devices can be assigned to people under their user profiles. Each device can have a different level of access and devices set as "Primary" will trigger notifications for the People at Home feature when the device connects to or disconnects from the network. These events are also used by Plume Motion to determine the Home/Away state.
From the device detail screen you can:
- View how it is connected to the network.
- Check the connection quality to the pod.
- View the password being used and the person it is assigned to.
- View bandwidth usage
- Manage Online Protection, Content Access and Adblocking.
- View MAC and assigned IP addresses
- Rename device and change the person assignment (tap the three dots in the top-right)
For more assistance with Plume Passwords and Access Control please click here: https://support.plume.com/hc/en-us/sections/360001183574-Passwords-Access-Control