The remote for your STB (Set Top Box) should be able to control both the box and your TV while the remote is in "STB" mode (the mode buttons are the white buttons at the top). If you notice some of the buttons are not working on your remote, try pressing STB first.
If the remote is controlling your TV and or the volume, but not changing channels, and you've made sure you are set to STB, try rebooting your box.
- Locate the power cord on the pack of your STB (black wire that is round at the end) and unplug it.
- Locate the box's Ethernet cord (looks like a phone wire, plastic clip on the end) and squeeze the small level on the plastic end to loosen and unplug it.
- After 30 seconds, reconnect the cords in reverse order. (First the Ethernet, the plug in the power cord)
- Once the box is loaded, test your channel and guide buttons again
Sometimes the remote can fall out of sync with your television. The older amino boxes can have two remotes, a grey one or a black one.
- Press and hold TV nd OK button until TV button lights up.
- Repeatedly press the red Power button until the TV turns off.
- Once TV turns off, press the OK button, then the TV button.
- Press the TV button and Power button and TV should power on.
- Hold down the 1 & 3 buttons until TV button lights up.
- Enter TV manufacturer’s code. (Listed in tables below)
- Hold down the mute button until TV mutes.
- Hold down Stop & Text/Shift button to come out of programming.
Question not listed here?
Back to Remote FAQ
Contact CDE Technical Support at 931-648-8151