The remote for your STB (Set Top Box) should be able to control both the box and your TV while the remote is in "STB" mode (the mode buttons are the white buttons at the top). If you notice some of the buttons are not working on your remote, try pressing STB first.
If the remote is controlling your TV and or the volume, but not changing channels, and you've made sure you are set to STB, try rebooting your box.
- Locate the power cord on the pack of your STB (black wire that is round at the end) and unplug it.
- Locate the box's Ethernet cord (looks like a phone wire, plastic clip on the end) and squeeze the small level on the plastic end to loosen and unplug it.
- After 30 seconds, reconnect the cords in reverse order. (First the Ethernet, the plug in the power cord)
- Once the box is loaded, test your channel and guide buttons again.
Sometimes the remote can fall out of sync with your television. These steps may also be written on the back of your remote
- On the remote control press TV once; it will blink once.
- Press and hold the RCU SETUP
- Enter 991 using the remote number pad. The TV button will blink twice.
- Aim the remote control at the TV and press POWER once.
- Press and release the CH+ key continuously, then stop when the TV turns off. NOTE: In the search mode, the remote control will send IR codes from its library to the selected device, starting with the most popular code first.
- Press POWER. The TV should turn on. Press SETUP once to lock in the code. The LED will blink 9 twice to indicate that the code is saved
Question not listed here?
Back to Remote FAQ
Contact CDE Technical Support at 931-648-8151