The remote for your STB (Set Top Box) should be able to control both the box and your TV while the remote is in "STB" mode (the mode buttons are the white buttons at the top). If you notice some of the buttons are not working on your remote, try pressing STB first.
If the remote is controlling your TV and or the volume, but not changing channels, and you've made sure you are set to STB, try rebooting your box.
- Locate the power cord on the pack of your STB (black wire that is round at the end) and unplug it.
- Locate the box's Ethernet cord (looks like a phone wire, plastic clip on the end) and squeeze the small level on the plastic end to loosen and unplug it.
- After 30 seconds, reconnect the cords in reverse order. (First the Ethernet, the plug in the power cord)
- Once the box is loaded, test your channel and guide buttons again.
Sometimes the remote can fall out of sync with your television. These steps may also be written on the back of your remote
- On the STB remote, press and release the TV button.
- Press and hold TV button for 5 seconds, the light should remain solid.
- Press the POWER button once.
- Aim the remote at the television and press and release the CH+ button to begin the auto scan process. The TV button will blink every 10 seconds.
- If the television turns off, a working code has been found. Immediately press the OK
button once in the middle of the remote to lock in the code. The TV button will
- If no working code is found for your television, the TV button will blink fast 7 times and
the search will be terminated. Repeat steps 1-5.