The remote for your STB (Set Top Box) should be able to control both the box and your TV while the remote is in "STB" mode (the mode buttons are the white buttons at the top). If you notice some of the buttons are not working on your remote, try pressing STB first.
If the remote is controlling your TV and or the volume, but not changing channels, and you've made sure you are set to STB, try rebooting your box.
- Locate the power cord on the pack of your STB (the black wire that is round at the end) and unplug it.
- Locate the box's Ethernet cord (looks like a phone wire with a plastic clip on the end) and squeeze the small level on the plastic end to loosen and unplug it.
- After 30 seconds, reconnect the cords in reverse order. (First the Ethernet, then plug in the power cord)
- Once the box is loaded, test your channel and guide buttons again.
Sometimes the remote can fall out of sync with your television. These steps may also be written on the back of your remote
- Press and hold the SET-UP key until the STB light on your remote blinks twice.
- Press a mode key (TV).
- Press and hold OK key.
- Release key when device (your TV) turns off.
- Press power to turn device (your TV) back on.
- Press mode key (STB).